Taylor Wimpey is pleased to have completed the purchase of the former Wisley Airfield site and look forward to developing our proposals over the coming months.
We understand the importance of listening to the needs and feedback of local communities and we will be working closely with local residents and stakeholders as we look to shape our plans for this new community.
Our consultation on the plans for the former Wisley Airfield is now live and we would like to hear what you think.
- We want to work together to deliver our sustainable community
- This website will be home to all the information about our plans.
- All information about our upcoming consultation events will be posted on this site.
- This website will be updated regularly to let you know what we are doing to ensure community engagement. Please subscribe below to receive updates.
We understand that there is a long planning history of this site that has not always been a positive one. As the new landowner, we want to work collaboratively with stakeholders to change this.
- We will work together with local authority members, community stakeholders and neighbours to ensure all voices are heard.
- We will continue to operate in a transparent and open manner.
- Documents relating to the site will be published on the document library, including presentations and leaflets.
Taylor Wimpey purchased the former Wisley Airfield
Website launched and first Community newsletter published
First community consultation events
Thank you for attending our first online Community Consultation Event
Thank you for taking the time to attend our online community consultation events held on the 16th and 18th July 2020. We hope that you found the sessions useful and please see the recording of the events by clicking the following link for the Thursday 16th event and here for the Saturday 18th event for your reference or if you were unable to attend the event.
During these sessions, attendees were invited to ask questions about the plans for the former Wisley Airfield. Due to time constraints we were unable to answer all the questions. However, we are pleased to have uploaded a Question & Answer Document which can be found here. This provides further information and responses to the questions received during the sessions.
If you have any thoughts or comments on the event, please do fill out our feedback form here.
Please provide any feedback by 3rd August 2020 as your feedback will help to shape the design of a masterplan that we can all be proud of.
The site and allocation
History of the site
The former Wisley Airfield is a site with a wealth of history. The site was formerly a grass airstrip before being converted to tarmac to test aircraft. The site has since been owned by multiple landowners and Taylor Wimpey purchased the site earlier in 2020.
The Wisley Airfield grass airstrip runway was converted to tarmac to test aircraft.
Different planning applications submitted to develop the site.
Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government granted planning permission for a composting facility on the site which has been implemented but not completed.
Guildford Borough Council allocated the site in the Local Plan, removing it from the Green Belt.
Taylor Wimpey purchased the site.