Taylor Wimpey is pleased to have completed the purchase of the former Wisley Airfield site and look forward to developing our proposals over the coming months.
We understand the importance of listening to the needs and feedback of local communities and we will be working closely with local residents and stakeholders as we look to shape our plans for this new community.
Our consultation on the plans for the former Wisley Airfield is now live and we would like to hear what you think.
- We want to work together to deliver our sustainable community
- This website will be home to all the information about our plans.
- All information about our upcoming consultation events will be posted on this site.
- This website will be updated regularly to let you know what we are doing to ensure community engagement. Please subscribe below to receive updates.
We understand that there is a long planning history of this site that has not always been a positive one. As the new landowner, we want to work collaboratively with stakeholders to change this.
- We will work together with local authority members, community stakeholders and neighbours to ensure all voices are heard.
- We will continue to operate in a transparent and open manner.
- Documents relating to the site will be published on the document library, including presentations and leaflets.
Taylor Wimpey purchased the former Wisley Airfield
Website launched and first Community newsletter published
First community consultation events. Registration details here.
We are pleased to invite you to our first online Community Consultation Event
Join us for our first online community consultation events on the 16th and 18th July. Due to social gathering restrictions these events will be held via Zoom and will be an opportunity for you to meet the project team, learn more about our vision for the site, ask any questions and provide your feedback.
Thursday 16th July 2020 – 6pm to 8pm register here to receive the login link.
Saturday 18th July 2020 – 10am to 12pm register here to receive the login link.
Please note, the login links for the two events are different so please register for both if you would like to attend more than one. The same presentation will be given on both days and a recording will be posted on the website if you cannot attend.
We look forward to engaging with you at our first event!
The site and allocation
History of the site
The former Wisley Airfield is a site with a wealth of history. The site was formerly a grass airstrip before being converted to tarmac to test aircraft. The site has since been owned by multiple landowners and Taylor Wimpey purchased the site earlier in 2020.
The Wisley Airfield grass airstrip runway was converted to tarmac to test aircraft.
Different planning applications submitted to develop the site.
Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government granted planning permission for a composting facility on the site which has been implemented but not completed.
Guildford Borough Council allocated the site in the Local Plan, removing it from the Green Belt.
Taylor Wimpey purchased the site.